School Board Governance Library
CSI places significant emphasis on the value of strong and effective school governing boards.
To this end, CSI strives to provide governing boards with tools and resources to assist them in meeting board member expectations.
Training for CSI School Board Members
- Governing Board Supports – This resource lists the governance supports provided by CSI, the Colorado League of Charter Schools, and the Colorado Department of Education.
- School Board Newsletter – CSI produces a monthly newsletter geared at CSI school board members. Each newsletter highlights important tasks and reminders for the upcoming month. Subscribe to the School Board Newsletters if you haven’t already!
- CSI Trainings – CSI offers several trainings throughout the year. Click here to register for upcoming Brown Bag Board Trainings.
New Board Member Orientation
New board members of CSI school boards are highly encouraged to complete the following board orientation modules.
- Welcome Letter
- CSI Accountability Overview and Training [recording] [slides]
- CSI Compliance Monitoring [recording] [slides]
- Special Populations Oversight [recording] [slides]
- Financial Oversight for School Boards [recording] [slides]
- Understanding the Charter Contract [recording] [slides]
Resources for CSI School Board Members
Board Meeting Resources
The following resources support school boards in conducting compliance board meetings.
The following materials can be downloaded and tailored for use by school boards in fulfilling oversight responsibilities.