CSI will continue to communicate updates to COVID-19 mitigation strategies and associated guidance via email and updates to this webpage.
If a CSI School Leader (or designee) is interested in being paired with a Support Contact to serve as a liaison between your school and CSI departments, please complete this registration form. Your preferences determine the frequency of contact and mode of communication.
Please continue to reach out to us with your questions and ideas, and thank you for your continued flexibility as we work through this evolving situation together!
View the latest CSI COVID-19 Communications here:
Career Pathways and School Programs Coordinator
CO-HELP is Colorado’s call line for COVID-19. For general questions, call 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911, for answers in many languages, or email them at COHELP@RMPDC.org for answers in English.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Information and Resources
Unless otherwise noted, the CSI contact for all topics below is Michael McManus (MichaelMcManus@csi.state.co.us)
Mitigation Planning & Response
- CDPHE Transitioning to a routine disease control model for COVID-19 in K-12 settings
- CDPHE Response Strategies Used for Other Infectious Diseases
- CDPHE Practical Guide for Operationalizing CDC’s School Guidance
- CDE COVID-19 Resources for Schools
- CDC Guidance for COVID-19 Prevention in K-12 Schools
- CDC Toolkit for Responding to COVID-19 Cases
- CDPHE How Sick is Too Sick Guidance for when students and staff should stay home from school or childcare
- CDPHE COVID-19 Child Care Guidance
- Ordering PPE
- Free masks for schools available through the State of Colorado’s Masks for Colorado Schools program
- CDPHE Guidance for Wearing Masks
- CSI ADVISORY BULLETIN: Masks and Mask Exemptions for the Start of the 2021-22 School Year
- CDPHE COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs
- CDPHE Vaccines for Children and Teens
- CDPHE COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
- Kaiser Permanente COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- CDPHE COVID-19 Vaccination Communication Toolkits: Ages 5-17 Toolkit & Parent and Child Toolkit (disponible en español)
- How to Talk to Parents About COVID-19 Vaccines: 3 Tips From Scientists
- Immunize Colorado
- Flu Vaccine Locations
- Mobile Vaccination Request Form
Legal & Policy
- Review CDE’s Remote Learning Guidance and consider whether your instructional time and attendance policies are up-to-date or if there are any long-term changes you might want to make to allow for expanded online learning offerings (beyond the COVID pandemic), and consult with Legal and Policy to determine next steps.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with the Open Meetings Law regardless of school setting.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with FERPA regardless of school setting.
Mental Health & Wellness
CSI Contact – Betsy Basch
- I Matter – Providing Free Mental Health Support for Colorado Youth
- CSI Mental Health Resources
- CU Anschutz Hospital Colorado Educator Support
- Teacher & Educator Well-Being Support Line – 303-724-2500
- Colorado Crisis Services
- Text “TALK” to 38255
- Colorado Spirit – Free psychological support to people of all ages
Resources for Parents & Families
- Talking to Children about COVID-19: A Parent Resource
- Colorado Emergency Child Care Collaborative
- 10 Positive Behavior Support Strategies to Support Families at Home
- Food Resources During the COVID-19
- CO Department of Human Services Child Abuse Reporting Resources for Educators
- US Department of Education COVID-19 Resources for Schools, Students, and Families