Career & Technical Education (CTE) leverages workforce and education systems so that each learner has quality experiences learning about and through work, which can lead to lifelong career success. CTE ensures a thriving Colorado economy by providing relevant and rigorous education that is connected, responsive and real.
CTE programs emphasize:
- Core academic content
- Postsecondary and Workforce Readiness competencies
- Technical skills
- Seamless transition to further education or employment
- Preparation for all students to meet the challenges of the workforce, economic development, and emerging occupations
Career and Technical education is an umbrella term that encompasses middle and secondary-level courses and programs that provide students with technical, academic, and employability skills for success in the workplace and further education. CTE programs approved through the Colorado Community College System (CCCS) are eligible for federal funding through the Perkins Grant and state funding through the Colorado Technical Act (CTA).
CTE Resources & Professional Learning
- Colorado CTE Gateway
- Colorado Community College System Career and Technical Education
- Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE)
- Colorado Association for Career and Technical Education (CACTE)