Unified Improvement Planning (UIP) was introduced in Colorado in 2009 to streamline improvement planning components of state and federal accountability requirements. The ultimate intent was for schools to create a single plan that truly reflects improvement planning activities, and thereby reduces the total number of plans and documentation required by both the state and CSI. The Evaluation and Assessment team offers CSI schools training, technical assistance, and access to resources to complete a unified improvement plan that adheres to CSI and state expectations. CSI also submits and provides a Unified Improvement Plan to the state based on the performance of the schools in its portfolio.
Visit CDE’s UIP page for more information.
- February-March, 2019: Regional UIP Training
- July 15, 2019: First Draft of UIP completed (renewal schools only)
- August 15, 2019: First Draft of UIP completed in online system (non-renewal schools)
- August – October, 2019: Receive feedback from CSI and make changes to draft (SPF release)
- October 15, 2019: Final draft due in online tool
- October – November, 2019: CSI reviews final draft and submits to CDE for public posting
Click here for the UIP Online Tool Login.