Colorado’s School Counselor Corps Grant Program (SCCGP) funding is awarded to eligible school districts, BOCES, charter schools or CSI charter schools. The purpose of this program is to increase the availability of effective school-based counseling.
Grant funds are also used to increase the level of school counseling services provided to improve the graduation rate and increase the percentage of students who appropriately prepare for, apply to, and continue into postsecondary education.
Allowable Use of Funds: Funds may be used to supplement and not supplant any moneys currently being used to provide school counseling positions and/or activities.
Allowable activities include:
- Licensed school counselor salaries and benefits
- Career awareness and postsecondary preparatory services
- Professional development
- School counseling program development and implementation
Funds may not be used for the following (including, but not limited to):
- Capital equipment
- Building improvements, construction, or maintenance
- Administrative costs or incentives for students
Duration of Grant: Grants will be awarded for a four-year term. Each year of grant funding is contingent upon annual appropriations by the State Legislature.
School Counselor Corps Grant Program Resources and Professional Learning
- CDE School Counselor Corps Grant Program
- CDE School Counselor Corps Grant Program Resources
- American School Counselor Association
- Colorado School Counselor Association