Opportunities for schools to grow and change do not always align with the contract renewal timeline. To ensure Institute schools can make changes when desired, CSI has developed a School Program and Contract Modification Process. This process provides schools with a format to notify CSI of important changes outside of the renewal process and, when required, submit proposed changes for CSI review and approval. See below for items that require either a notification to CSI or approval by CSI, and access the Program and Contract Modification form. Please use the form to submit or propose a change.
Changes to the following items require “notification” to CSI:
- Articles of Incorporation
- Please submit your draft bylaws to LegalandPolicy_CSI@csi.state.co.us for review prior to submitting amended bylaws.
- Delayed/paused program implementation (e.g., change to grade buildout plan, extended Year 0, paused PreK program etc.)
- Enrollment changes (material changes in enrollment or exceeding maximum authorized enrollment)
- Emergency Operations Plan*
- Employee Handbook*
- Four-day school week/<160 contact day
Please review the CSI guidance on the Four-Day School Week and <160 Day Requests webpage for more information. General school calendar and bell schedule requirement resources can be found on the CSI School Calendar and Instructional Hours webpage. To complete this annual notification, submit your completed template file along with a copy of your board approved school calendar(s) using the attachment option in the program modification form linked below.
- Governing board roster
- Insurance coverage*
- Location (e.g., change of facility, additional facility, new financing/leasing agreement)
- Organizational structure
- Parent/Student Handbook*
- School board-approved enrollment, grievance or suspension/expulsion policy
- Please submit your draft policy to LegalandPolicy_CSI@csi.state.co.us for review prior to submitting final board-approved policy.
Items marked with an (*) are submitted to CSI annually as part of the Organizational Submissions and Audits Process. Please use the Program and Contract Modification Form linked below to notify CSI of a change to an item marked with an (*) only if the change was made mid-year, after having already been reviewed/approved by CSI. If the change is being made in preparation for the upcoming Organizational Submissions and Audits Process, please wait until that time to submit.
Please note, all modifications to any of these policies or documents must still be in accordance with both federal and state law. In circumstances where a change would materially conflict with the charter contact, pose a safety threat to the school community, or otherwise materially impact the academics, finances, operations, or legal compliance of the School, the Institute reserves the right to object to the change. Please contact the CSI Legal & Policy Team at legalandpolicy_CSI@csi.state.co.us if you have questions about whether a change may necessitate additional review and approval from CSI.
Changes to the following items require “approval” from CSI:
- Educational Service Provider**
- Food services**
- Full-time, in-person grades served (outside of already planned/approved buildout and excluding the addition of PreK)**
- Homeschool program**
- Interim Assessment Platform
- Mission and/or vision
- Online program**
- READ Act Curricula
- School model (e.g., Core Knowledge, Classical, Montessori)
- Transportation services**
- Waiver request
Items marked with an (**) may require completion of an application prior to submission of the Program and Contract Modification Form, available for download below. Please contact the CSI Legal & Policy Team at legalandpolicy_CSI@csi.state.co.us if you cannot locate an application or have questions about the application provided.