CSI is committed to honoring families’ private medical decisions while providing a learning environment free of disruption.
The CSI Board’s Access to Medically Necessary Treatment at School policy addresses how a student who has a prescription from a qualified health-care provider for medically necessary treatment receives such treatment in the school setting as required by applicable federal and state laws pursuant to its status as the Administrative Unit for all CSI Schools.
Form Templates: Schools should use the templates below to create their own Medically Necessary Request and Plan templates. Templates align with statutory requirements and CSI Board Policy.
Data Collection: Beginning the 2023-24 school year, schools will report the following information at the end of each school year to CSI via this Access to Medically Necessary Treatment Data Collection Form. The form collects:
- Number of requests your school received for Medically Necessary Treatment
- Of these, how many were approved?
- Of these, how many were denied?
- Of these, how many students with requests were on IEPs?
- Of these, how many students with requests were on a 504 plan?